A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The cover shooter anyone can play!
You are Zap, an alien who has always dreamed of saving the galaxy. When robots invade your planet, you're super-psyched and ready for anything! Zap Blastum caters to both hardcore and casual gamers with its intuitive cover shooter gameplay, mouse-based controls, and action-packed tactical combat.
Streamlined controls bring cover shooter gameplay to anyone who can use a mouse -- without losing any depth. Snap into cover and automatically lean around corners while shooting. Just select a target and lock on -- we've removed aiming from the equation.
WARM, COLORFUL, EXPLODE-Y
This is a shooter that's not afraid to be cheerful. Not everyone's into dark and gritty space marines. Zap doesn't fit the stereotype. The robots will never know what hit 'em!
The game explores impostor syndrome, the tendency to attribute our earned success to luck or deception. Deep down, Zap is haunted by self doubt, and the robots know how to take advantage of it. Your mission is an internal one. You can be a hero. Don't listen to the voices that say "No."
- Explore 20 levels that span across 5 planets.
- Enjoy an original soundtrack that mixes orchestral, rock, and dubstep genres.
- Experience the epic single player story, or play in sandbox mode
- Fight 10+ types of robot enemies.
- Rack up huge points in the online leaderboards and earn big rewards for combos and streaks.
- Unlock new features to discover more secrets.
- Play in full screen or in a small window. Take a break from your busy day and shoot some robots.
- Experience the genre in a new way, whether you're playing with the mouse or a controller.
PLANNED FEATURES FOR RELEASE
Zap Blastum is still in development. In addition to completing the remaining levels, more abilities, and more weapons, we are working on prototyping some more game modes that we'll do our best to get in!
KEEP IN TOUCH
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Authors||Shiny Dolphin Games LLC, Kevin Dressel|
|Made with||Unity, Maya, Audacity, Paint.net|
|Tags||Arcade, Cute, Low-poly, Minimalist, Non violent, Space, Top-Down, Top down shooter, Touch-Friendly|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Mouse, Gamepad (any), Touchscreen|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Twitter, Homepage|